The Superformance MKIII S/C is the only Cobra replica built under license from Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc.
What makes the MKIII so much better than its competitors? It looks like an exact replica should. It is sure-footed, reliable and is as exciting as the great sport roadsters of the sixties. Each rolling chassis comes completely assembled and painted, less engine and transmission.
MKIII S/C Standard Equipment
- Show quality two-stage paint finishes.
- Hand laminated fiberglass body with reinforcing inserts.
- Heavy duty TIG welded ladder frame chassis with crumple zones.
- Fully independent front and rear suspension.
- Limited slip differential. Willwood® power-assisted vented disc brakes (4-pot calipers.Front, Single-pot calipers back)
- Custom crafted coil-over shocks.
- Aluminum pin drive “Halibrand” style wheels (Knock – off) with 15” tires.
- Side and rear view mirrors.
- Original style pedals, catches and fittings.
- Original style shifter and hand brake lever.
- Carpeted interior and trunk.
- Aluminum finished firewall.
- Sun Visors and wind wings.
- Wipers & Washer, heater/defogger.
- Leather seating surfaces (drivers adjusts.)
- Original style latch-lock seat belts.
- Moto – Lita wooden steering wheel.
- Monza style filler. (locking gas cap)
- Aluminum, single core hi-performance radiator, shroud and dual fans.
- Oil cooler and braided lines.
- Stainless steel fuel tank. 17 gal. (Pressure tested.)
- Original style side pipes and headers to accommodate Ford based V8 engine
- Original style gauges (Smith) and switches. (Lucas.)
- Reverse 180mph speedometer
- Stainless steel roll bar, chassis mounted.
MKIII S/C Options
- Optional Tonneau cover.
- Optional Soft top and side screens.
The Shelby Cobra CSX4000/6000 427 S/C continuation series are built to Shelby’s exact specifications, with authentic configurations and genuine Shelby parts. Each CSX also features an aluminum or hand-laid fiberglass body and original style chassis. In addition to this, each and every model is recorded in the Shelby Registry with a CSX serial number and Shelby signed MSO.
All models delivered in Australia are ADR compliant. You can read more about Australian Design Rules national standards for vehicle safety here.